The Rape Crisis Blog

I've created this blog in order to bring to the forefront the sad reality of rape victims throughout the world in the 21st century. Currently I'm collecting every piece of information I can find regarding this subject, and put it here with reference to the origin. Please comment and spread it to people that may find this interesting.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Nigeria: Truths of a Decade

I AM a few years shy of the big four O and yet, I feel like I only began to grow up just a decade ago. Before then, for all intents and purposes, I lived a happy go lucky life where I just drifted from one phase to another before maturity kicked the door in with a few disasters. All of a sudden, I was given the wheel of my life and told to drive, even though I did not even have a learner's permit talk less of a licence. Looking back on the simpler days where the world really seemed to be my oyster and everyone seemed to have been created for the sole purpose of catering to my every need; I must admit I had some fun. I was not the nicest person that ever lived and, if truth be told, I was also a very troubled young person. In those days, I had boxed myself into the corner of beauty, I let myself be defined by what I looked like and not much else; with hindsight, that was the biggest cop out that I spent almost a decade washing off.

Read More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home