The Rape Crisis Blog

I've created this blog in order to bring to the forefront the sad reality of rape victims throughout the world in the 21st century. Currently I'm collecting every piece of information I can find regarding this subject, and put it here with reference to the origin. Please comment and spread it to people that may find this interesting.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Rape victim fought back during ordeal

"I've been attacked, I've been raped, I've been raped. He's coming after me and he's going to kill me." These were the words screamed by a sobbing rape victim as she ran handcuffed into the Pukekohe BP petrol station in South Auckland, dropped to her knees and hid behind a confectionery stand. BP workers Peter Teale, 32, and Helen Jerry, 33, told the Sunday Star-Times how the 37-year-old administration manager was so terrorised by her four-and-a-half-hour ordeal on Tuesday night that she was incoherent when she tried to phone her parents. Jerry said she put a jacket around the shaking woman and hugged her. "I got down on my knees and hugged and reassured her that no one was getting into the shop. I said there's no way he's getting to you." Police said they were hunting a recidivist offender - possibly someone who has raped before - over the prolonged, "chilling and depraved sex attack" which began at a Pukekohe unit.

Read More

1 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My sympathy goes out to the woman that went through this terrible ordeal, the rapist derserves everything he gets in court.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home